Lighting Equipment Hire for Events and Functions
We have lighting equipment for hire for corporate events, private functions, festivals.
Proper event lighting can enhance task performance, improve the appearance of an area, or have positive psychological effects on occupants.
The equipment used for stage lighting (e.g. cabling, dimmers, lighting instruments, controllers). Contact Event Gear Johannesburg for the various lighting equipment hire options are available.
Our lighting equipment for hire includes:
- Corporate events lighting
- Functions such as weddings, funerals, parties, Varsity or school functions
- Concert lighting
- Stage lighting for trade shows
- Broadcast television lighting
- Film production lighting
- Lighting of photographic studios
- Any other live event needing to hire stage lighting equipment
Stage Lighting Equipment Hire
Our stage lighting equipment for hire covers functions as well as for stages. We are experienced with good quality lighting options to make you stage effective and visible. Contact Event Gear for the various lighting and stage lighting options available to suit the size of stage and type of event.
Stage lighting has multiple functions, including:
- Selective visibility: The ability to see what is occurring on stage. Any stage lighting design will be ineffective if the viewers cannot see the characters, unless this is the explicit intent.
- Focus: Directing the audience’s attention to an area of the stage or distracting them from another.
- Mood: Setting the tone of a scene. The correct stage lighting setup can set the mood for any indoor or outdoor event.
- Location and time of day: Establishing or altering position in time and space. Stage lighting using the colour schemes “Blues” can suggest night time while “orange” and “red” can suggest a sunrise or sunset. Stage lighting using the effect of gobos to project sky scenes, the Moon, etc.
- Projection/stage elements: Stage Lighting may be used to project scenery or to act as scenery on stage.
- Plot (script): A lighting event may trigger or advance the action on stage and off.
- Composition: Lighting may be used to show only the areas of the stage which the designer wants the audience to see, and to “paint a picture”.
- Effect: In pop and rock concerts or DJ shows or Raves, colored lights and lasers may be used as a visual effect.
Stage Lighting design is an art form, and thus no one way is the “correct” way.
Lighting equipment for hire:
- LED par cans
- Par 56 par cans
- LED strip lights
- Follow spots
- Effect lights
- DMX splitters
- Distribution boxes
- Search lights
- Par 64 par cans
- Dance floor lights
- Moving lights
- Lighting Consoles
- 3Phase cabling